NICO will also be presenting its entire new range of products at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in 2011.
Our team will be at stand A51 in hall 9. We look forward to seeing you!
HEPU Glorious Fireworks Export Factory, our Chinese partner, has been certified to the SA 8000 standard since 19 June 2009.
The SA 8000 (Standard for Social Accountability) evolved in 1998 and comprises the social standards for companies. It was developed by a non-governmental organisation (Council for Economic Priorities).
The SA 8000 accepts responsibility for implementing and controlling minimum social standards in producing companies and is in charge of certifying factory facilities all over the world.
Basic requirements of the SA 8000:
- Prohibition of child and forced labour
- Prohibition of racial, gender and religious discrimination
- Right to freedom of association, organisation in trade unions and collective wage negotiations
- Specification of maximum working hours as 48 hours per week, with one day off
- Guarantee of wages to secure livelihoods
- Demand for and introduction of humane working conditions
- Systematic improvement of conditions at work
- External documentation (via certification)
The SA 8000 standard is a concept which specifies social responsibility towards employees, suppliers, customers and society. It serves towards distinguishing between products manufactured in an environmentally-friendly and socially-fair manner and products which exploit the environment and ignore people's working and living conditions. The aim of this concept is to ensure sustained development and expansion of an internationally-valid certification and control system at the level of each individual company. It is distinguished from the ISO via its systematic surveys of employees and incorporation of external interest groups such as trade unions and non-governmental organisations.